Have you ever called out someone’s incorrect grammar in a Facebook comment? Do you carry around a Sharpie, so you can correct street flyers? Do your eyes automatically roll when someone who you know is smart still mixes up “their, they’re, there”? If so, come sit next to us and enjoy these grammar memes.
1. Commas can be a matter of life or death and here is the proof. Remember this the next time you are lost at sea.
2. We also never say “anigloo” or “thetime”, so why this one article so often gets glued to this one noun is just weird. Make it stop!
3. Sing it with us: “I believe the children are our future. Teach them well and let them lead the way…” into the safety of a pressurized air cabin. Listen to the babies, folks.
4. English is quite difficult to learn, and this is one of the reasons why. Don’t get us started on the list of exceptions to the “I before E except after C” rule.
5. Can we all agree to literally teach all kids to stop saying “literally”? Can we literally phase “literally” out of pop culture? We’re literally begging.
6. Fact: When autocorrect sabotages our texts, we correct them faster than the time it takes to split atoms. Thanks for nothing, autocorrect.
7. Actually, the only person who was ever allowed to write like this was Prince. Are you Prince? No? Then use your words.
8. Frequently, we look at the English language and wonder if it’s all a cruel joke.
9. …But then genius like this is revealed.
10. This is some grade-A, side-splitting humor and we’re here for it!
11. Listen, we love to rock as much as everyone else, but you have to admit that Pink Floyd is confusing the message a bit with this one.
12. Brilliant plan, everyone! Print this out and tape it to your computer because it’s how you’ll save lives one day.
13. And now, Tom and Jane can live happily, correctly ever after.